Friday, November 20, 2009

wow

I am venting here. totally off topic of fertility issues. but still along the sideline of women issues.

I am sick of insurance companies and the government deciding what is right for MY health care.

First it was that mammograms do not need to be started until 50?? oh really well I am at a high risk for breast cancer and my doctor wants me me to start going at 30 and go every 2 years.

Now it is that we may not need pap smears every year? Well that's another concern to me. I had an abnormal pap after 3 years of being monogamous.

Who is the government or insurance company to tell me when I need tests. Trust my doctor's decisions and pay for that crap. what else am I am paying for?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! I have a huge history of breast cancer and will be damned if I'm going to wait until I'm 50 to start getting mammograms!

    ReplyDelete